At Electric House, we strive to maintain the highest standards of integrity and ethics in every business transaction. We are pleased that you are interested in doing business with us. We are always looking to work with suppliers who share our values. We do require that you operate on similar ethical principles and that you conduct your business in an economically, environmentally and socially responsible manner.
This Supplier Code of Conduct applies to those parties providing products or services to EH. We also expect third parties that you work with to observe our principles and values. Failure to abide by our Supplier Code of Conduct may result in non-consideration for future business or in termination of an existing relationship. If you suspect a non-compliance with the Supplier Code of Conduct, please let us know via one of our available channels. All suppliers have a duty to raise integrity concerns or violations in a timely manner. We assure you that no retaliation of any kind against anyone raising an integrity concern will be allowed.
At Electric House, we make every effort to be socially and environmentally responsible. EH requires its Suppliers to share this commitment and to abide by the principles contained in this Supplier Code of Conduct.
Code of conduct
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH AND SAFETY PRACTICES
We expect our Suppliers to provide their workers with a safe and healthy workplace that complies with all applicable health and safety laws and regulations.
- Ensure that your facilities do not pose unnecessary risks to the environment or the public.
- Ensure that your facilities are designed and safely operated in accordance with laws as well as established government and industry environmental protection and safety standards.
- Identify and assess potential emergency situations. For each situation, develop and implement emergency plans and response procedures that will minimize harm to life, environment, and property.
- Dispose of all waste in an environmentally responsible way.
- Maintain safe, sanitary and healthy environments for all employees.
- Obtain and maintain all the necessary environmental permits.
- Conduct routne employee safety training and provide adequate safety equipment.
Electric House seeks to work with those Suppliers who share its commitment to environmental protection and sustainability of earth resources.
- Source goods and/or services from others that meet country of origin standards for health and safety, work hours, employment conditions, compensation , and environmental protection.
- Make every effort to safeguard the well-being of people involved in our supply chain, to protect the places where you source and process materials, and to ensure that the sale of materials does not finance armed conflict or human rights abuses.
Electric House is committed to a policy of fair competition. We expect the same from our suppliers.
- Do not engage in any unfair trade practices.
- Do not discuss pricing or other commercial terms with competing suppliers.
- Do not participate in any other tactic to limit fair competition.
Bribery is illegal everywhere. You must follow applicable anti-corruption laws. Do not tolerate, permit, or engage in any form of corruption, extortion, or bribery.
- Do not offer or accept any form of bribery, corruption, extortion, and embezzlement.
- Do not, directly or indirectly, offer to any EH employees money, goods or a service as a consideration or in expectation of a favorable decision, information, opinion, recommendation, or any other form of favoritism.
- Do not make illegal payments directly or indirectly.
- Implement monitoring and enforcement procedures to ensure compliance with anti-corruption laws.
As our supplier, you are required to keep accurate records of all your business dealings with Electric House. Keep these records according to relevant accounting practices. You also must handle EH data in a safe, confidential and secure fashion.
- Create, retain and upon request, provide accurate records of all matters related to your provision of goods and/or services to Electric House.
- Protect EH’s confidential information and prevent its misuse, theft, or improper disclosure with adequate security measures, preventing access to third parties.
We are committed to an inclusive work environment that recognizes the contributions of every individual and where all people are valued and respected, and all have opportunities to reach their full potential.
- Commit to a workplace free of harassment and abuse. Do not threaten workers with, or subject them to, harsh or inhumane treatment, including but not limited to verbal abuse and harassment, psychological harassment, mental and physical coercion, and sexual harassment.
- Observe laws that pertain to freedom of association, privacy, prohibition of forced, compulsory and child labor, and local non-discrimination, as well as laws on working conditions, wages, benefits, work hours and overtime.
Suppliers are required to have a policy relating to business with Electric House that prohibits the giving and acceptance of gifts. Gifts include items such as cash or cash equivalents including entertainment, gift cards, product discounts, and non-business activities. Suppliers are required to have a process to investigate and report any violations to the policy
CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
As part of our commitment to transparency, suppliers must avoid conflicts of interest. It may not always be clear whether a situation presents a conflict. In those instances, the best course of action is to disclose the potential conflict to Electric House and let us work through it together.
- Immediately report current and potential conflicts of interest, close personal relationships and/or instances of unethical or fraudulent behavior.
- Cooperate with any investigations into such conflicts
This Supplier Code of Conduct is a shared responsibility between Electric House and its Suppliers. Please hold periodic inspections and audits to ensure that you and your employees (and any party working with you in providing services and products to Electric House) are meeting the requirements contained in this Supplier Code of Conduct. If you find areas of non-compliance, notify EH with regard to both the noncompliance and any plans to remedy it.
VIOLATION OF THE CODE
You are responsible for raising concerns about potental or actual violatons of our Supplier Code of Conduct or applicable laws in a tmely manner. You may raise concerns via firstname.lastname@example.org You can report concerns anonymously and all reports are treated confidentally
Please note that Electric House strictly prohibits any retaliaton against anyone for raising or helping to address an integrity concern in good faith. We also expect our Suppliers to help prevent retaliaton and address confirmed allegatons as necessary. If you believe someone at Electric House has retaliated against you, please contact email@example.com so that we may conduct an investgaton.